Thursday was my first day at homestay. Upon arrival, I was greeted with great generosity. My host parents encouraged me to make myself at home, and that their home was essentially mine. I cannot say enough about how welcoming they have been to me so far.
In other news, I also started learning Afrikaans the other day, which from what I hear is one of the easier of the 6 languages that people in my group are learning. My family are native speakers, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to practice, working around episodes of El Clon, of course.
I also just realized that college football season is starting in the states. It's actually been quite nice to be away from all of the commotion. Aside from that, hope all is well! Take care, all!
Ok... I forgot to tell you something about Namibia... If you're with a homestay family and they watch 'soapies" or soap operas (its primetime TV over there)... You've got to watch "Storm Over Paradise" I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. Gotta love that they have foreign soap operas, dubbed in english, in Africa.
ReplyDeleteHope you are doing well! I'm so jealous of you!